Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/29/2016

Pattern Review - Simplicity 1107

Hi guys!

I'm reviewing a super flirty and girly tank today, and I'm super excited to share it, because for once I  have semi-proper pictures!

I got the hubs to take the pictures of me. How about those apples?

So the shirt is a simplicity number that is super versatile and fun. I can't tell you how quick and easy this top went together. The biggest pain, was probably the hem, because I picked chiffon. Stupid chiffon. Chiffon likes to fray, so I serged the cut edges as soon as I could, but that still didn't help some parts.

I made view C, which is the top larger picture and the bottom left corner picture. It's got a contrast front center panel, with sheer sides and back. I don't actually care for the look with the sleeves. I think it makes the top look a bit dowdy.

I will say I wasn't prepared to have to alter the armholes after cutting out the pattern, but I understand why the guide sheet instructs you to. The pattern is made for sleeves, so in order to properly finish off the edge of the armhole edge for the sleeveless versions, you need to cut an additional 1/4" off the edge. With the polyester I used as my contrast that was no big deal. It's got the body to handle that trimming, but the chiffon. That bloody chiffon. I ended up basting in a line 1/4" from the edge and snipping that off. That was just easier for me.

The whole shirt doesn't take much to sew up. The front center is made up of 4 pieces, and then there are 2 side pieces and the back piece. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. You finish off the neck and armholes with bias tape, and then hem it.

I think it took me two afternoons, simply because of someone's napping schedule, but in reality, if Baby Girl had taken one of her oh-so-lovely 4 hour naps, then I could've easily gotten the shirt done and browsed Pinterest for a bit.


I love that this top is so versatile. It can be dressed up or down, and is colorful enough to carry through almost 3 seasons. I don't know that I'd wear in November, but there are certainly warm enough days to pull it off in October. I actually ended up wearing a light cardigan with the top, because Saturday was a bit on the brisk side, and the sweater looked fine with the top.

Have a terrific day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment