Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

2/23/2017

Fit 4 Thursday - Old Navy Active


It's been awhile since I've done one of my features, and it's really just because I'm a slacker.

Today I am not a slacker. Today I have a post for you about some of Old Navy's acitvewear. I will apologize in advance for the cruddy pictures. I am not great at taking full length pictures of myself.

A very long time ago, I complained about the lack of options for us tall gals in the fashion department. Add in a bit of hip, and you've got a nightmare for properly fitting pants. Of any kind, but we're talking activewear here, so I'll stick to just those pants.

I know all of us have a problem or two with our clothes, so I'm not breaking any new ground here in complaining that my hips are an XL, and my waist is a L. They don't make curvy exercise clothes. That's ok. They make curvy jeans, which makes me happy, because I fit in curvy 14 jeans.

This isn't to even hit on that my waist to hip measurement is not your average 9", my measurement is longer than that, and then there are my legs. They're all long. All of them. So much leg. 4 feet of leg to be exact. That's a lot of real estate to cover, and I've been lucky that I have had luck in finding good brands that sell tall clothing.

I'm going to share with y'all today my experience with Old Navy's High Waisted Compression Leggings that I ordered way back in December. I ordered a mulberry color and got the tall length in a L. The large means that my thighs are super squeezed in (not a bad thing), and that they won't fall down while I run (also not a bad thing).

I love the color, but I was expecting a solid color, and these leggings have a slight pattern to the color and the material itself. Not a biggie, but I was hoping to be able to wear these as more than just activewear, and I don't feel like I can do that, because they are so tight! Not a bad thing for running, not very comfy for loungewear though.


So here are two profiles of the pants, and they pull everything in very nicely. They reach my ankles and Old Navy wasn't joking when they said high-waisted. They were amazing. I ran 6 miles moments after taking these pictures, and the pants didn't budge. It was awesome. They were also warm. I forget exactly how cold it was during my run, but as you can see from my picture below, I was a bit bundled up. I want to say it was around freezing, and I only had one layer (the tights) on my legs, but I had 2 layers on my torso.


I love these tights, but I am only going to use them as running tights. I did buy another pair of Old Navy tights, that I'll review in another post, but they're super comfy and I've worn them as loungewear, as well as some Fabletics tights, also for another post.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed today's review.

No comments:

Post a Comment