Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/13/2016

Pattern Review - Lion Brand Key West Circle Top


Hello all! I'm back again today with another pattern review, and it's for a lovely crocheted piece.

What's better about this pattern, is it's free. Who doesn't love free?  So the pattern is offered on Lion Brand's website for free as long as you register with them. I've given you guys a direct link to the pattern just to make it that much easier on you.

Key West Circle Top by Lion Brand Yarns


This was almost a completely free project for me, but I decided that I hated the cotton yarn I was using and decided that I needed a softer cotton yarn. I found the perfect yarn at Hobby Lobby, on the way home from Nashville. Yes, Mom and I stopped at a Hobby Lobby on the drive home, because that's what we do.

So the yarn I picked up was I Love This Cotton Yarn! in ivory, and it is pretty magical.

The pattern goes together super fast, and it only took me a couple of evenings while watching TV with the hubs to get it done.


I did have to move up a hook size, because I crochet on the tight side, but you could easily adjust the size of the finished top by adjusting your hook size and moving up or down a size in yarn.

I've been toying with the idea of making a girl size version of this top, by using up some #2 weight yarn I have, and then playing with the hook size.

So there it is! A super simple, yet elegant top that a beginner crocheter could easily complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment