Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/21/2010

Sugar Cookie Varients

So we've all seen the melting snowman cookies, and let me tell you. They're adorable. Well, they're not so adorable at 1:30 am but adorable nonetheless.  They were a tremendous hit, especially with the kids.  I have one problem with them tho. Well 2 problems. 1) they're not very easily stored and 2) I don't like sugar cookies.  The first problem is easily solved if all the cookies are eaten shortly after being created, but the 2nd problem... well I guess that it may never be solved. ;-)

I'm actually going to be nice and just share what I did and not make you go to any sites. :)

 I baked up some Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix. I followed the cut-out recipe. Then after they were cooled, I iced them and then heated up some marshmallows. I heated up 12 marshmallows for 15 seconds in the wave and then smooshed them onto the cookies. Then just add the personality. Some of mine were quite grumpy.

The other sugar cookie that I had out were window panes. These were also a Betty Crocker bag mix, and I {again} followed the instructions for the cut out cookies. After cutting out my rounds, I then cut out the centers with smaller shapes.  Bake the cookies according to the directions, and then fill the centers of the cookies with smashed up life savers {or other hard candy} and pop back into the oven until the candy melts. In my oven that takes 4 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the pan a bit then move to a wire rack. Also, you should have parchment paper down for these or bake them on a silicone mat so that the candy doesn't stick.

Well I hope you guys are gearing up for Xmas, because I have some baking to get done! Too bad its not sweet anymore. :)

Have a great day guys and enjoy.
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment