Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

2/16/2016

Art in an Instant - Free Printable Watercolor Orchid Prints

We've entered the doldrums of winter.

It's cold, gray, and miserable. December is doing something right with all of its lights and color. 

This is part of what spurred me to dig out some old pictures and alter them. If you follow me on Instagram or follow me on Twitter, then you'll have seen this altered photo.


After deciding that our powder room needed an update, I figured I'd start with the art. I love the orchid prints that I originally altered almost 10 years ago! I really was a photoshop newbie back then, and was super proud that I managed to isolate the flowers and then desaturate the background.  These are the prints that have hung in 2 different house's powder rooms. Definitely time for an update.


I took these photos when we went Barbados in 2001. It was the last hurrah for the family before the kids started their 'adult' lives. It was a wonderful trip, and I'm completely looking forward to the next one. Hopefully it'll be in 2019 to celebrate my parents' 40th anniversary!

Look how young we all look! I can't believe this was 15 years ago! Oh to be 20 again.....


I want something that is impactful. The powder room isn't very big, and it's a bit awkward so I feel like I need something that's going to punch you in the face. I love abstract and watercolor art so I figured I'd play around with some of photoshop's filters, and combine things I've learned from various tutorials to achieve a look that spoke to me.


I haven't quite got the new plan hammered out, but I'm brainstorming. I think I'm definitely going to include 3 of the newly altered prints. The purple orchid at the top of this post is my favorite, so it'll probably be the big eye-punching artwork I'm envisioning for the space, but I also want two smaller prints for the space.

I'm sharing these with all of you, just in case, you need some color for somewhere, or just to make these long days of winter seem a bit brighter. These are just for personal use. Click on each picture to be taken to the high-res version.




And one more for good measure, and because 7 is my favorite number.


 I hope you guys enjoy these prints.

Cheers all!

Linking up to:
DIY by Design: Winter Blues Party 

Handmade Hangout Linky Party: from g2b

No comments:

Post a Comment