Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/31/2019

Mason Jar Lattes: Orange Mocha Latte


I have been a very terrible blogger. I haven't shared what has easily become my favorite late night latte. 

I know, I'm weird. I drink coffee late at night. It doesn't affect me. I can down a cup of coffee and then pass right out. 

So this latte is a little different from the other recipes because it contains alcohol. What's even better about this latte is that it's a Lazy Girl Latte. You guys know I love my lazy girl lattes.

I have been in love with orange mocha lattes since Starbucks introduced them years ago. They were only around for one season, never to return again. It made me sad, but I was determined to find a way to recreate the magic, and boy did it take some trial and error. I couldn't get the simple syrup right for the orange flavoring, or the orange extract wasn't quite enough. It was always something, and then one night I got frustrated and just made a regular mocha. I wanted to add a little something-something to it, so into the liquor cabinet I went and I realized we had a small bottle of Grand Marnier left over from Christmas cooking baking! Sweet! So I poured about a shot's worth of liquor into my latte and then realized that there wasn't even half a shot left in the bottle, so I dumped that in too.

IT WAS AMAZING. This was the coffee I'd been trying to recreate for all those years. I am now going to (finally) share the recipe with you all.

Orange Mocha Latte

  • 8 oz strong coffee or espresso
  • 1 C milk**
  • 1/8 C hot cocoa mix
  • 1½ oz Grand Marnier or Triple Sec

Add the hot cocoa mix to the mug before brewing your coffee, after you've brewed the coffee stir until mixed. Add liquor. Follow the recipe for our original Mason Jar Latte {HERE} to froth the milk. Omit the sugar.

** Instead of using milk and hot cocoa mix, you could substitute 1 C chocolate milk and then just heat up the chocolate milk in the same manner as the milk.

And that, my friends, is the latte that Dana has been begging me to share for well over 6 months.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! what a twist to the regular latte. Love the depth Triple sec creates. Good change to boring regulars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought so too. Thanks so much for the comment!

      Delete