Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

11/29/2011

Making Map Candles

So awhile ago I pinned this wonderful candle alteration from The Shabby Creek Cottage.
{source}
The possibilities for this easy alteration are endless, but I went with some map images that I found at The Graphics Fairy. Love her site!

And by following Gina's super simple instructions for altering your candle; I ended up with this!

I love them! I think the London map looks better, but the technique that I used with the Paris map laid down better on the candle. I got a little overzealous with the heat gun on the London one and I have a few wax drips. I also did not pull as tight as I did on Paris so the tissue paper puckered a little, but no worries - these candles still look fabulous!


I'll see you guys later today with some of the ornaments that I've made so far this year!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment