Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

8/06/2012

$3.63

Hey guys! I've been busy this last week!

I don't know how many of you look at the Facebook page, but if you subscribe to Straight Stitches on Facebook, then you would have seen sneak previews of things I've been working on!

So a while back on Pinterest, I saw this pin -

Love those letters! I need some of those letters!

So I made myself some paper mache letters using cereal boxes, a phone book, flour and water. Dev even helped me make the letters. A good, messy time was had by all.

So after the letters were dry, I painted them with some copper paint and then just hot glued my pennies to them! $3.63 worth of pennies to be exact.

I ended up overlapping the pennies so that more of the letter was covered, but I like the dimension and depth the layering gives the letters.

I also ended up rearranging my copper jello molds when I decided to  put these letters over the pantry door. They are now above my cabinets, and there is plenty more room for more molds! Not that  I'm happy about that or anything. :)




I am loving the simplicity of my letters, and how they add a bit of shine to my brick red walls. See you guys later!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment