Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

8/07/2012

Coffee? Yes, please!

Hey all again! I'm back! Two days in a row! 

I know, I know. Please  try to contain your shock and awe. :) 

So I'm back sharing things I've updated in my kitchen. When I moved all of the copper molds to above the kitchen cabinets, I moved the vases and jars I had up on the cabinets down to the counter top. I am using one as a utensil holder and the other two jars got turned into the most used items in the house, well, at least  one of them did. 

Problem? Yep, you couldn't tell the  jars apart, and unless you're in them every couple of hours (like me) then you'd have no idea which jar is which. Second problem - I don't like repeating myself (I blame this condition entirely on my children).  So my solution was simple! Tags for my jars! 
  
The tags were easy to make (hah!). I went to The Graphics Fairy and found some botanical prints of tea and coffee. Then worked on the tags until they were perfect in Silhouette Studio. It took some doing to get the letters to pop out of the back of the tag to act as a stopper for the images, but I got it and I loved the effect.

The only problem was the bright white cardstock I used. Never fear! Paint is here! I stamped all around the edges and then smeared the ink pad over the back of the tag, then I took metallic brown, black and gold and stippled them all over the tag. After all of that dried I glued the image inside the tag, and then topped it all off with a couple of coats of Mod Podge and called it a day. I love how these beauts look on my jars, and I love that I will never have to tell anyone again where the coffee  is. :)

Heather

 Linking up to:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment