Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

2/16/2010

Out of sorts....

I'm feeling a little out of sorts right now, because the big project I've been working on is coming to an end. It's painted and tomorrow I will glaze it and then after that dries it will be done. I don't know why I'm out of sorts, because it's not like I don't have umpteen other projects in the wings, but I guess it's because my next project has to be my outfit for H's baptism, otherwise it might not get done.


I love to sew but my sewing room is not working for me right now, and I have plans for it that I'll share later, but as it is....it's bugging me, but enough of that. On to what I've been working on for a few weeks.


I've mentioned that Ana's got a great blog (http://www.knockoffwood.blogspot.com/)and I found plans on her site for the Thomas Collection. Well I have a corner in my kitchen (remember the kitchen redo that I went through?) that has a shelf from Ikea. Now I love Ikea....but this shelf I have stopped loving, as has Stephen. Stephen hating it made it much easier for me to foist the boys off on him so I could get it done and get the hated ikea shelf out of there. The picture above shows the hated Ikea shelf as well as the cabinet portion of the bookcase that will be replacing it. This is February 2.

On Feb. 8th the hutch portion of the cabinet was completed, sans the shelves. We're making progress! Again the awful shelf is next to it. :) Oh and the cabinet door is on!


So here we are today, and I've moved the pieces into the living room to work on them. I really need it to be spring so that I don't have to work on this type of stuff in the house, or get our garage insulated so I don't freeze.

The moulding is up and the piece is painted. I'm so impressed with myself. :) The door on top of the hutch looks awesome, don't you think?

So like I said, tomorrow the glaze goes on and then after that dries....it will move into it's new home in the corner of my kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes!! Love this - I have built a few of Ana's plans also!! This turned out so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make this! I have the beadboard and the paint already~I think I might even have some antique hinges I've been hoarding.

    Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete