Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

2/11/2010

This is a first...

I should probably introduce myself first, but that can wait. I've never had a blog and this is going to take a second to get my head wrapped around it. Ok, well that's enough of that.


My name is Heather and I am a stay-at-home Mom to 2 wonderful boys and wife of almost 7 years. Creativity runs in the family, mostly in the form of sewing (wonder where the blog title came from ;) ) but when the occasion calls for it we have been known to do other crafty things. I will mention several family members as they are my muses: Bet, my grandmother who I consider the best resource for information as she is not afraid to try anything; there's my mother, Debbie and she is also a wonderful source of information but she is also my best friend and shopping partner. I talk to her every day and usually is the first person I talk to outside of my immediate family. Then there is Stephen (Steve or Stevie) who is my husband. I love him dearly and even though I know he doesn't listen to half of what I say it's ok because at least I've gotten the ideas out of my head. :) He is also a big reason for the craftiness as he is more than likely one of the most tight-fisted people I know when it comes to money, but hey I love a challenge and I tend to go stir-crazy when I can't do something with my creative energies.



Mom and I have talked about creating our own business, but she has a full-time job and I have a 4-month old....but the plans are there, just not the time. I have been able to carve more and more time for projects which is great because my list has GROWN!


Here is what I'm working on now...I got the plans from http://www.knockoffwood.blogspot.com/ Ana is great and she'
s quite helpful. I modified the plans to fit what I want, but you get the idea. :) I also just finished the bench in the top picture. I got the plan's off Ana's blog as well, but I modified them so that the boys' toy baskets would fit underneath. We had a gargantuan coffee table that I love, but it's too big for the amount of floor space that both boys need.







No comments:

Post a Comment