Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

2/20/2010

Spring is here.....almost

Well the bookcase is glazed and resting in its new home, with stuff on it already. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and the fact that it's hiding my ecclectic collection of cookbooks. It's also hiding the magnet toys for the boys :)

The glaze turned out better than I had hoped, which is nice because there is nothing more frustrating than having an idea and implementing all of it and then having the final step not turn out like you imagined it would.

I was quite nervous about doing the glaze but I tested my idea out on a scrap piece of beadboard and I liked what I saw so then I went to the inside of the cabinet (If I hated it at least it would be behind a door, I'm so brave) :) and then after that turned out well I went to work on the rest of the piece.

After I got everything where I wanted it I realized my door was slightly off, and by slightly I mean by like an 1/8"....so moved the door hinges to fix my problem and luckily the hinge is big enough to cover the original hole so I didn't have to patch that up.





I've been very excited for weeks about the Maymont Flower Show which is held in Richmond towards the end of February and every year the Fisher women go and get ideas for everything they'd love to do to their gardens. This year my grandmother, Bet, my mom and I went (boys in tow as well) and we enjoyed ourselves emensely.


It's fun to see what the entrants have come up for the theme that year, and honestly I have no idea what this year's theme was, but all of the entries were gorgeous. I must say my favorite was either the courtyard of orchids and other exotics or the one with the elevated house. I do love orchids, they just don't like me :)

It's always nice to get a taste of spring during the dreary days of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment