Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

7/25/2012

Busting out the Sharpies Again!

Did you know that my little guy is 2.75 years old? I started this blog when he was 4 months old. Can you believe it? I can't.

Now that he's getting older though, I'm starting to get the itch to change up his room from nursery to kid room. Not that the safari theme we have in there is overly baby, but I still want something a bit more grown up for him.

I haven't picked out new paint  colors yet, other than to decide that I want to go with blue, yellow or orange, and gray, but I have decided that I'd like to go with an urban theme.

You see, small fry, is always asking to go. I wanna go, is a very common phrase from him.

We recently switched up beds in the boys' rooms so Harrison got Dev's old full bed, up from his toddler bed, and along with that came Dev's dresser and nightstand. Harrison had the bigger dressers and night stand so we gave those to Devlin since his clothes are all bigger and he's started to acquire more 'stuff'.

Once we got the furniture switched around, Harrison's room needed more light. I have crap tons of lamps and lampshades lying around. I know I have a problem, but I just  don't really care. So I found a lamp with a cute pull chain so Harrison can turn it on and off as he pleases. It's also got a nice long drum shade on it, and that shade just happens to be white! Blank canvas!

So here's what I came up with!

I did a google search for postmark collages, and then sorted by images. I found one that I  like and then printed off a full size image of it. I then just traced those postmarks onto the lampshade with my sharpie fabric markers. I love how the whole thing came out and I think that the colors on the lamp shade will work perfectly with the theme and a pop of color when I get his room done. :)

Now to start thinking  about Dev's room and the dining room, and then, and then, and then. :)


Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment