Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

7/18/2012

Project 10 - 5 & 6


So its been 2 weeks since I  posted anything up and while I apologize for that - it has been a crazy couple of weeks. My hubby decided to tear apart the basement and with some help from all in the household it got put back together in 8 days, but you know what that means right? Loads and loads of work and late nights. Lots of late nights. Lots of fast junky food as  well, because you know nothing tastes better than a Taco Bell dinner when you're covered in dry wall dust and paint. :-/  Despite all of that - lets see how my goals panned out....

  • Water. I need to get my average up to 4 cups a day. Getting better about this! I still have my rough days, but more and more I'm going for water at lunch and for at least one of my coffee breaks. I bought a big cup with a straw and its my water cup, and I just keep it filled. Seems to be working pretty well. I think I should keep this as a goal, until it becomes habit though. 
  • Get to bed by 11 pm every night. I know its the summer, but the boys still wake up early.    I feel like I might be getting a Z if that were a grade. Remember the above paragraph about late nights and what not. I was also suffering from some insomnia. There was one night where I went to sleep at 5 am. Then a lot of nights that were 2 or 3 am nights. Not good. I did manage to go to bed at 1 am last night, so that is an improvement. Tonight will  be a midnight night. I have been setting my alarm this week so that I get up around 8:30, but I'm going to be changing that to  8 am. I need more of my morning back. 
  • Preventative measures. Wear my braces. No questions. Just do it. My knees will eventually thank me.  I actually had to buy a new brace this week, because I did wear my brace last week (MJ really took a toll on my knee) and the elastic portion started to rip and separate. So we'll see how the new brace does, I'm excited  about it though.   
  • Run. Run. Run. Run. Get back on track with my Nike+ goal. I ran today! Only a mile, but it still counts! I need to do more running. Run. Run. Run. Just keep running!  
  • Add the weights! Tone up those arms and torso. I'm totally counting throwing the kids up and out of the water at the pool as weights time. I know that its not as effective, but I'm still counting it.  
  • Get to the gym more. Its easy to take the easy road when I work out at home. The gym pushes me. I've been to the gym twice in the last two weeks. Both times for zumba, but still we pay for it I need to go more often. I'd like to make it to the gym Tuesday through Thursday.   
  • Utilize pool time with the kids better. When its adult only swim, I need to swim laps. 15 minutes of laps. Laps? What are laps? I swim the whole time but laps have not happened. Its still exercise. 
  • Try out turbo kick at the gym. I've taken it once and it scares me. I should give it a decent 3 tries before saying that its not for me. ANNNNNNND still failing........
  • Do more yoga/pilates. I need to stretch and improve my flexibility. Everything hurts and the stretching would feel good. failing some more....... 
  • Be 225 by the time school starts in September. That's another 25 pounds in 10 weeks. I know I can do this. Guess who weighed in at 240.4 this morning???? This girl!!!!!!!!! Hell yea! 15 more pounds to my goal. Hopefully with increased gym time and returning to my non-junky food diet I'll get there!  
So that report was much better than the last report, and given the past two weeks, I'm quite impressed with myself. 

I started sewing yet another swimsuit for myself today, and I'm more hopeful about this one. This one is more circumspect  than the last  and its designed for us 'bigger' ladies.  It should also work well for aqua fitness.

I did get another dress done and this one fits so much better than the last one!

I wanted a versatile knit dress that could go from dressy to being worn at a BBQ, and I think this one fits the bill! I love how it hangs on me, and how it accentuates my waist.

Hopefully this week brings me breaking into the 230's and making more of my goals. Baby steps!

See you guys later!

 Come join the rest of the Project 10 Gals!

3 comments:

  1. A few thoughts:
    1) It is scientifically proven that Mexican Pizza tastes better late at night when doing home improvement.
    2) Two of my water drinking strategies are to: (a) use a cup with a built in straw and (b) drink water every time I'm stopped at a red light. Now it is automatic.
    3) Gorgeous dress! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with that dress - wish you lived closer so I could borrow it for BlogHer in a couple of weeks! Also wished you were closer so you could help us with our basement b/c yours looks AMAZING! Nice work. Late nights are hard, especially when Insomnia is involved. I've had to take a few Tylenol PMs lately to get back on track. Great job using the cup with a straw, that's what seems to help me drink water best too. Congrats on your recent weigh in - amazing! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!! You can totally break into the 230s! You know what you need to do, now do it! (I know, I'm getting a bit bossy.) Insomnia is no fun. I wonder if exercising daily would help? And throwing kids in a pool? Totally counts as exercise!

    ReplyDelete