Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

7/02/2012

Retro Inspired Threads for Me!

Well its been no secret that I've been on a sewing kick and most of the sewing has been for me. A couple of weekends ago, we attended the wedding of some very dear friends and as such, I needed a new dress. :)

The wedding was held at a local winery and the forecast was for 88 degrees and sunny. Awesome. Enter cotton seersucker. Love me some seersuckefr. :) Its a pain in the butt to work with sometimes, but the affect is so nice.

So here is my outfit!

The pattern is Simplicty 1797!

The pattern is fairly straightforward, and really the only annoying thing was cutting out all the bias tape strips for the accents on this dress. Oh and remembering to match up the plaid, but that's not the pattern's fault.

I did have to alter the bodice and add a dart from the armhole  to the side front seams to accommodate the lack of bulk I have near my arms, but that was a  fairly straightforward adjustment.

So the dress was pretty comfortable throughout the afternoon and into the evening. I would absolutely recommend this dress pattern to anyone  to make. Its straightforward and really the only difficult part is getting the pleat and bias tape accent on the front of the skirt  right, but even that is not that difficult.

Oh and do you see those white spectator-like shoes I'm wearing? Yep, the were originally brown leather, but some white duct tape fixed that. :) I'll share that alteration with you guys tomorrow!
Heather

Linking up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment