Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

7/20/2012

A Pattern Review: McCall's 6518

At the end of June was my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. It was so great to spend most of the day Saturday with them. The occasion, of course, called for a new dress!


I wish I could say that I loved this dress, but I don't. The pattern is McCall's 6518 which is a Phoebe Couture creation.

The pattern is branded as an 'easy' one, and I don't know that I'd agree. The flounces were kind of a pain in the butt to construct, and there were no tips inside the general instructions to make the construction any easier. Luckily, I do have  some experience so I changed the assembly instructions to fit what I knew would work.

I did have to adjust the armhole again, but not as much as my previous dress. Another couple of dart solved that problem for me. I also needed to lengthen this dress by 6". From the waist to the hemline was 18" which is just a tad short on someone of my stature so 24" was much better for me.

I did not add the ribbon accent around the midriff, but obviously I did add some decorative stitches which I liked. Here are some other comments.

Like I said, I really wanted to love this dress but I just couldn't.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment