Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/21/2011

I have not forgotten!

Its been a busy week for us here at the house.  Wrapping gifts, baking, and sewing. 40 minutes spent standing in line at the USPS to get stamps. Don't you just love the holiday season?

I do!

So without any ado, here is how the house is decked out. I'm only sharing the main floor today, tomorrow I'll get to the kids' trees. :)

So first up is the dining room. We have a new tree! I've never had a white tree. It was pretty fun to put up and decorate.


The table is set for Christmas Eve dinner already. Thank goodness some paper plates will be going on that china so I don't have to wash dishes. Its the compromise that I made  with the hubs this year, since he's usually the one doing the dishes.

I tried to just stick with silver and white for the tree in the dining room, but while I was  putting out ornaments, I found some  antique ornaments and decided that they could have a place on the tree as well. I think next year I'll have to do something else with them.


So now we're back to the family room. I switched up the trees this year, because I didn't want to move my chair. This is also a new tree. Its a little slimmer than the tree it replaced. Its also fairly bright,  which is nice, but I think next year I'll be putting more lights on it. :)
 
 And there's the whole tableau. So very pretty and traditional. I like it. I also like how everything pops nicely off the orange walls. I do think that my poor mixed nut wreath needs some beefing up next year. Don't worry I have an idea for this :)

Now on to the living room. Here's my shining glory tree! I love this tree. I just can't explain how much I love this tree.

 So here's a view of our balcony from right in front of the front door, looking up. That's the kids tree. I added some white lights to it this year and I love it. I'll share the trees upstairs tomorrow.
Hope you guys enjoyed this quick and dirty tour. :)

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment