Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/03/2011

Not Food Frenzied

Guys, I haven't cooked a thing since Thanksgiving. We have been eating leftovers, literally, all week. But I have a project to share with you instead. A project! Me? Indeed! I have actually finished a project. For those of you that don't know, I am notorious for buying all the materials for a project and then never getting to it. Thankfully, this one only took me about five minutes.

Mike and I are giving our bedroom and bathroom a makeover for Christmas, and the bathroom's theme is Roman Bath. I visited the Roman baths in the town (city?) of Bath in England during college and have wanted to do my own Roman bath-room ever since, so this is the beginning of that.


Before we begin, let me reiterate that I am lazy. There is another tutorial here that shows a more complicated but somewhat more polished version of this project, but, like I said, my way takes about five minutes. So what do you need? A clean, empty wine bottle and a short string of Christmas mini-lights. My string had 50 lights. As for the wine, I have to say I win on two counts with mine. The wine was delicious and just take a look at that label. What more could I want for a Roman bathroom?


Okay, here's an issue. The end of the light string is too big for the bottleneck. Easily avoided. I folded my light string in half and then began to feed the lights down through the bottleneck. Be advised that this takes some finagling and a little bit of abuse towards the light string.


Tadaa! Doesn't that look so pretty? The cord has enough length to reach the outlet, and the end of the light string can be hidden under a decorative bunch of grapes or, in my case, the edge of a hand towel.

I'll be sharing more about the bedroom and bathroom makeover as the weeks go on, but I hope you've enjoyed this initial, little taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment