Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/27/2011

12:01 AM

At 12:01 AM I was going into labor - 6 years ago.

It was my due date, but I didn't think I'd actually be giving birth. It was another false labor, just like the other 4 or 5 times. They send me home around 3:30 or 4. I'm effaced enough but not dilated enough.

They tell me to get some sleep and go to my OB in the AM. Sleep eludes me. I finally give up around 6.

I waddle out to our living room and sit in my favorite chair. I watch the sun rise. My contractions are getting worse, but I don't want to wake anyone. It was a long night for them too. If I only knew.

18 hours of labor is what I was in. You, big guy, decided to grace us with your presence at 6:30 on the dot.

Happy 6th Birthday D!

I can't believe how you've grown.





Happy Birthday Big Guy! We love you so much and we're so blessed to have you in our lives.

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Such a cutie! Well worth the initial labour and all the work since then!

    ReplyDelete