Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/16/2011

Not a Cartographer

You know there are some things that I do really well, and others....well, at least I tried.

Not to say that today's ornament is not a looker. I'm quite pleased with how these three turned out, but its a good thing that I'm not a cartographer. Or maybe if I was then these would be more geographically correct.

By now you all  have seen and drooled over these lovelies in the Pottery Barn catalog. If not, well you and I have missed out because they are now sold out.

Oh well. Its not like they were too hard to replicate. Well they were hard to replicate accurately, but like I said. I like my creations.
Isn't she pretty? I like her.

Here's PB's version

There are some slight differences. The main one being that I think they used silver German glass glitter, whereas I used clear.

Here's another shot of mine.
I like  the outline in silver. I used a Sharpie oil-based marker in silver metallic for these cuties. I will not show you the very first one. Its not pretty. I tried coloring in the continents and it didn't go well, because you can see every stroke I made on it. Not good. The glitter did not hide them either. So I'll just stick with the latter two. Of course, you're seeing the better, geographically speaking, of  the two.

Even though they're not perfect I still like them. :)

G'night ya'll
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment