Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

1/31/2012

Splash of color

So I don't know if you all remember my master bathroom debacle.

I couldn't decide what color to paint this poor room. It's the last room to be painted in our upstairs, and to make matters worse I wanted it to flow from our bedroom so the color had to work with some existing colors as well. No small task.

Let's add in some more obstacles, shall we?

First this room gets a lot of light. Tons of it. It's so bright that of I decide to take a nap during the day that I have to close the door to this room because of how much light tips room lets in.

Second is that the light source shifts so much that the color paint will need to adapt from extremely light to dusk and evening light and then adjust to incandescent lighting. All of these lights affect how a color is perceived. See those huge windows? Pains in the butts.

So 4 or 5 samples went up on the wall and they may or may not have stayed up on the walls for close to a year. Ugh.

Then I bought paint towards the end of summer - and it sat in the bathroom for months. You see I hate to paint bathrooms. Almost as much as I hate painting kitchens. There is just so much cutting in. Hate. It.

Cue probably the worst time ever to start painting a bathroom - while your hubs is recovering from surgery. While this may not seem like an ideal time to paint it was just what I needed, because it distracted me from everything that was going on, and it provided me time. Win!

So here's the newly painted master bath!

The color is called Homestead Resort Pale Olive by Valspar. I used the paint and primer in one and only used 1/2 a gallon of paint for the entire room. Not to shabby.

The vases are where they are to give an idea of my color scheme. I love how the yellow really pops off the wall.

So that is where I am now. I still need to thoroughly clean this bathroom and finish putting stuff in their spots, but I really love the change of the color so far.

I can't wait to get everything else done!

So what do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. Love it! So often I have a hard time picturing what it is you describe over the phone, but it usually ends up making sense when I see it and looking great.

    ReplyDelete