Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/14/2012

Dear Left Knee,

I hate you. I mean like if I could unscrew you from my body and replace you with a new one - I totally would.

This is not the post I was going to write today. Today's original post was going to be full of glee and whoop ass, but no - now it is full of anger and frustration at the limitations of my stupid broken knee(s). I would be angry at the right knee but it didn't piss me off this week. That was last week.

Did you know that today I lost 5 pounds total this month. How freaking cool is that? I'm ecstatic about it. 258.7 baby!!! Yep that's the weigh in for this morning. Woooo hoo!

I am still doing my strength exercises but today I added in 2 pound weights and gosh did it feel good.

Still watching my calories and battling my sugar addiction but I'm not giving up my coffee addiction so the sugar will stay.

So anyways on to why I'm pissed off at my left knee. I did my entire workout routine and was in the next to last cool down exercise. I was doing the standing knee yoga pose. I was balanced on my RIGHT leg and had my left knee pulled up close to my body, and I kept this pose for probably 20 seconds before trouble descended on me. I started to lose my balance and tried to correct. That didn't work and I let go of my knee but was trying to stay on one leg. While trying to regain my balance with my left leg in the air and my knee bent, my knee rotated in two different directions. The upper portion of my knee started sliding to the right; the lower portion stayed where it was. Enter panic. Remember I'm balancing on my right knee. Luckily, the hubs was downstairs and I called for him and he rushed over to catch me.

So here I sit, stewing in my frustration. My knee is sore, luckily the ibuprofen I took will help with that and I'm hoping that it doesn't swell to badly. Stupid knee. I am consoling myself with the fact that I did not fully dislocate it. That would have been awful and probably worth more tears.

2 comments:

  1. My knee gets "wonky" from time to time but I just ignore the sucker. Though I know, that is probably not the smartest thing. Have you considered wrapping it or trying to brace it? I have no idea about these things, but if my own knee hadn't fixed itself, I was going to try to wrap it and see what happened.

    Huge congrats on hitting your weight target. Don't lose sight of that accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Great job on the five pounds!

    ReplyDelete