Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/25/2012

Summery Fun!

Well I finally bit the bullet and made myself a new skirt. I've been avoiding making stuff for me for the longest time because of my weight, but I've lost 40 pounds so sewing and outfitting myself with new clothes is fun again, not to mention why should I make myself some clothes that may not fit in a few months? Why? Because all of my old clothes are not fitting. Some are not even wearable, others are getting a significant amount of help from my belts. My friend's bachelorette party was the perfect excuse to get dolled up and step out in some new clothes.

Enter Butterick 5756.

How cute and flirty is that skirt? Perfect for winery hopping and enjoying the day with the girls!

The pattern was easy to follow and quite straightforward. The only thing that a little hairy was the pocket construction. The images in the guide sheet were not as clear as they maybe could have been and I really had to read carefully to make sure that everything was lying correctly so that the pleat didn't look funny. Otherwise, its a super simple pattern.

So here I am all dolled up. I paired the skirt  with a tight tank and then topped it with a nice cardigan.

 Sorry about the cropping, but I don't have a picture of me by myself. And why is it that out of three pictures I'm holding coffee in two of them. Oh well, I guess that is how I usually am. Coffee is my friend. :)

I completely love how the whole outfit came out and I love how girly and swishy the skirt is. What do you guys think? Does the skirt work?


Heather

Linking up to:

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I love the skirt! Love the colors! Love the sweater with it! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute! I love how you put together your outfit. Thanks for linking up to DIY Diva Thursdays!

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete