Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

9/15/2010

Falling for a Wreath

Well it's finally cooling off here in Northern VA....and thank goodness! I was very sick of those 90+ days.

So in honor of our cooler days and the fact that September is upon us, I made up another wreath. I like my autumn wreath, but its a little too 'autumn' for right now. I mean its gorgeous out, but the leaves aren't turning quite yet, so I didn't want to put up a wreath full of full-on autumn colors yet. So I stopped by the Dollar Store and picked up my materials, but once I sat down to make the wreath I decided that I did not like my wreath form, so out came the rope!

I wrapped the wreath form with the rope, gluing every few wraps. Then I just started cutting the flowers just below the bloom and gluing them down. After I had gotten most of the flowers set, I started on the greenery. Then it all just came together.



Here's what I ended up with!





I need a new wreath hanger......Must not forget next time I go out!

I hope you guys have enjoyed and are enjoying the up and coming cooler weather!

Have a great day!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment