Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

9/13/2010

Home Again!

So glad to be home! I missed my bed.  It was a wonderful vacation, and I very much enjoyed seeing Dana and Mike. We also got to hang out with cousins Hilary and Patrick, so that was an added bonus!

Thank you to Trista, Sarah and Mom for guest posting last week! You guys really saved me a lot of work! Thanks a bunch!

So I don't know what to post about first! I got Dana's outfit and a new wreath done. Also got some toe kickin' chili made for football yesterday. Not that I really care as my poor Hoo's got beat by USC, but what do you expect? Its USC! Oh well....Hoo's I still love ya!

I guess I'll share some pictures from the 2nd half of our vacation. We kind of, sort of altered our return home plans last minute. Instead of driving all the home we instead took a few days in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Steve and I started dating while visiting theses cities, we honeymooned there after Isabel flattened our hotel in OBX {so much fun was had re-planning our honeymoon days before the wedding}, so this part of Tennessee holds a lot of fond memories for us. It was great to share it with the boys, altho H won't remember. :)

Just be forewarned this will be a picture heavy post. I had a hard time sorting through all 207 pictures. :) And that's just what's on the big camera....le sigh. :) I still need to grab the pictures off the cell phones of Belle Meade Plantation. Such a wonderful stopping point in Nashville!
From the car.....we didn't go but apparently its a huge scavenger hunt. 
So Dev had never been to an aquarium, and the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg is pretty amazing. After settling into the hotel, we headed off to Gatlinburg for Dev's big surprise. To say he loved it might be an understatement. :) 



Hello Shark. This is on top of Shark Bay. There is a tunnel that winds through this area below and you can see all of the sharks, turtles, and other fish up close and personal! 
Sea Dragon!
Daddy and Dev! Dev wouldn't go in those things without Steve. :) 
Harrison finally joins the party! Up until this point he'd been asleep. :) 


Below is a video of a dance that Dev treated us too. Like I said.....loved might be an understatement. :)  

So after that we made a couple of visits to the Smokey Mountains National Park. Love this park! My favorite spot is probably Clingman's Dome, which is the highest peak in the park, and the third highest east of the Mississippi.







I'm digging this self-portrait. :) That mirror is dirty tho!
This was taken from the dash of our car!
We cannot escape traffic. It's everywhere. :) 
Well, I know this isn't crafty or anything, but we had such a good time that I wanted to share it with you guys. Don't worry tomorrow I will be sharing with you the outfit that I made Dana! Also....don't forget about the giveaway that Sarah is hosting. Scroll back up so that you can read the Bloggy Service Announcement!

Have a great day and enjoy!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment