Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

9/01/2010

Its never to early!

I am so proud of me! I have started Christmas stuff! Well, actually I started back in June, but that would have just been obscenely early to post about it. :) So here's one of the things that are done! 


You may remember that I made a quilled monogram a while back. Well that spurred the creative juices for this one. I opted to go with black since I had neon cardstock. All of the paper is 1/4" wide. Then I just went to town and went through some modge podge. I just painted the modge podge onto the strips after I'd curled them and set them down. I got a three pack of shadow box frames from Michael's for $10 as well. I plan on doing two more of these, in different styles. This one is for my eldest niece. :) Here are some more shots of it! 




This shot is without the flash....in case you were wondering :) 


So there's the first Christmas gift that I made for this year. The other's have been bought, but there are a lot more gifts in the wings, so prepare yourselves. :) 

I hope you have a great day and enjoy yourselves! I'm now going to put some salve on my sunburn :( 
Heather

Linking up to:
Visit thecsiproject.com

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so awesome!!! Is that paper or ribbon in there?? She is going to love that. I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!!!
    And you reminded me I wanted to do this after you posted about it the first time....I'm just struggling with how to do the "S"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible Heather! I loved your first, and then you went from one letter to a whole name, three colors to a whole rainbow that blends together so well. The "opposite effect" for the dot over the "i" is awesome, too. Love this idea so much that I think I will use this for some of my Christmas gifts! Thank you sooo much for the idea! You truly are an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is so amazing! Love the colors, they are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is really, really gorgeous. i'm going to have to check out your other post on it...i'm very interested in taking a stab at this myself. you're really talented! i have so many questions for you--but i'll check the other post first ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its wonderful...really eye catching...I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOSOSOSOSOSO pretty. I love all the color and texture. Wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the look of quilling, but I'll be honest, I'm a little scared of it! I keep seeing awesome results like this all over the blogosphere though, and it slowly but surely encourages me to try my own.

    I absolutely love the bright colors for this! So fun!

    Katie P
    Food, Wine, & Mod Podge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome quilling! LOVE all those bright colours against the black :)

    ReplyDelete