Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

9/23/2010

Sharp Dressed {wo}Man!

Hey all! So today is Thursday, tomorrow is Friday. Glad we got all that straightened out, because I went most of yesterday evening thinking that it was Thursday. Being as today is the day before Dana posts whatever deliciousness she has for FFF I think its time for me to show off some more of her looks and curves. :) Aren't I nice? I think so!

So right now ZZ TOP is stuck in my head. I know you guys are probably shocked, because of the title. :)

Here are some pics that Dae sent me of the newest jacket and top! She was doing some businessy type stuff and wanted to look professional or some reason like that :)



 I think she looks smashing! Loving the flippy hair!

She also ever-so-kindly sent me these pictures of the blue suit! I wish I had some sparkley, flashing lights type of text for it. I think I've mentioned before that I made this suit 2 years ago for her for Christmas. Included with this suit was a  matching pair of shoes and an adorable brooch. The suit is a nice poly/cotton blend that is machine washable and doesn't wrinkle. There are shots of iridescent thread throughout the fabric. I wanted it to be a 3-season suit so I trimmed it out with ecru satin piping, which also happens to be the same fabric that I used for the blouse. The blouse didn't need any embellishment but I added a delicate lace trim that was accented with rhinestones.

I added this trim because Dana has a scar from her catheter that she prefers to cover. I'm going to deviate a little bit here, and just say that my sister is amazing. She's always had a happy, perky personality and even a bout of cancer couldn't diminish it. She is truly an inspiring person, and she is one of my personal heroes. Not to say that we don't have our moments as all sisters do, but she's always been my little sister, the one that Nicole and I looked after and defended. It is just about the only thing that Nicole and I agree on. Look out and after Dana, that's it.

Ok so now back to the outfit. Here it is!



I don't remember what pattern this was. I think it was a Butterick pattern, I'll have to dig through my stuff to figure out which one it was.

I hope you guys have enjoyed seeing these 2 creations! I had a lot of fun making them. As I've said...Dana is a blast to sew for because of her physique, and she's still got that young, career woman thing going for her. Mom life isn't suited to a lot of the styles I like, because really.....what looks good with half-eaten, drool soaked goldfish hand prints on it? :)

Well, I've got to finish up Dev's Yoshi costume, before he nags me to death. Have a great day y'all!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. I added your button to my blog.:)
    http://stitchnstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete