Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

9/16/2010

Toe-Kickin' Chicken Chili

I had no idea what to post about until I saw the linky party up over at The Girl Creative for the Creative Chick Parade.

You see I have quite a few posts lined up, but when I saw that it was recipes today over at TGC then I knew what I was going to write about.

Sunday while we were watching the Skins trounce the Cowboys (no, I'm not a Skins fan, but I do live in the area) we were chowing down on some white chicken chili. Well it was supposed to be white, but oh well, there is chicken!


I have made this recipe several times, and each time I change it because it's never been quite right. The first time we made it...it was pretty bland. The 2nd time was a little better. This time is the winner!

I don't have a lot of pictures of this, because its just cooked in the crock pot, and I'm pretty sure you guys don't want to see me chopping vegetables while trying to take a picture. The results would probably be awful. :)

Grocery Stuff:


2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 jalapeño peppers, seeds 98% removed, minced
1 14-ounce can yellow corn, drained
1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
marinade

cooking it up


Marinate the chicken overnight. You can use whatever you please. I prefer a tangy marinade.
Mash 1/2 cup of cannellini beans with fork.
Place all ingredients (except cheese) including mashed beans in your crock pot and stir to combine.
Cover and cook for whatever length of time you have.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese before serving.

This will feed about 8 people. Well 8 people with my kind of appetite. :) I also served it with some corn bread. It was scrumdiddleyumptious! And I have some leftovers, which I think I will be having for lunch today.

I hope you guys enjoyed and have a wonderful day!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. heather, thanks for your sweet comment. i WISH i could sew like that! let alone have a sister to sew like that!. learning to sew is on my list, as my sewing machine sits next my bed. and by the way that chicken chili looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I'm intrigued by the addition of peanut butter. Will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete