Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

9/07/2010

Bacon Gone Wild!

Hey Ya'll!!! I want to thank Heather for inviting me to be a guest blogger here while she's living it up Nashville style. I hope while she's there she takes in lots of country music and pork products. Hmmmm...that sounded a little dirty, but that's not really how I meant it.

You see, I happen to be starting a site entirely devoted to nothing other than Bacon! That being said, I thought I'd share and easy and delicious Pomegranate Chipotle Pork recipe with you that stars none other than my favorite meat product! 



What you need:
  • 3 lbs of pork loin (mine came in a package with 2 1 1/2 lb loins)
  • 8 Strips of bacon (even though I used 10 strips!)
  • Pomegranate Chipotle Sauce*
What you do: 
Preheat your oven
at 350 degrees.
Place the pork loin in a roasting pan with a rack and cover the pork with the strips of bacon. 



Place the roast in your pre-heated oven for about an hour (until the pork is 140 degrees). Once the pork reaches 140 degrees liberally brush the pomegranate chipotle sauce over the bacon and put back in the oven for about another 10 minutes or so until the pork reaches 150 degrees.


Remove from the oven and let stand about 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional warmed pomegranate chipotle sauce and your favorite sides!




Enjoy! I'd love to hear your feeback on this recipe. And of course, if you're ever looking for any bacon-related products, novelty gifts or recipes head on over and see me at BaconGoneWild.com. I'm always looking for new things to add to my new site!

*You can buy the Pomegranate Chipotle Sauce from my Tastefully Simple Representative, Amy Branco or any representative you already have a relationship with. Look for it under the "Condiments, Sauces & Spreads.


Ok, so I'm hungry just looking at this.....Hope y'all enjoyed!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. What an incredible idea for a food blog. I am going to check it out right now, my hubby will love this. Did you ever watch the top chef season with kevin who had a pig tattooed on him, he rocked the pork!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trista! Thanks for the comment.
    I LOVED Kevin!

    ReplyDelete