Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

2/06/2012

My Refrigerator is Rejoicing!

So we've all seen the magazine photos and the blogland photos of people putting up old crib mattress supports as bulletin boards, right?

Me too. Doesn't mean I love them any less though.

I had been holding off on sharing mine until it was perfect, but that may never happen. I want to add a bunting to mine, but I can't decide on a style yet, and I'm tired of putting off this post.

So here's my new bulletin board! My refrigerator is rejoicing!
 Don't mind the still damp paint job on the wall. :) I was excited to put this baby up.

Want to know what's special about this crib mattress support? Its mine. No, I mean like its really mine. This is the crib mattress support from MY baby crib. My grandmother saved my crib from when I was a baby and then brought it back up to code for Devlin, and we used this crib for him. I love that I'm able to use something that I'm sort of emotionally attached to in such a fun way. :)

You may not remember what this butler's pantry area looked like before I changed it, so here's what it did look like.
Not a great picture of the butler's pantry, but you can see the mirror up there and what not. I have not decided what to do with the mirror. It may end up in Harrison's room above his dresser because he doesn't have a mirror in there and it would help bounce the light around his room.

Here's another shot of the area.
The little valentines decor up there is from last year's mantle. I put  magnets on the backs of all them so they were easy to change out so it was just as easy to decorate the crib support. :)

My refrigerator isn't completely cleaned off yet, but at least its getting there.

Have a great day guys!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment