Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

2/21/2012

Under 40!

Its been a while since I've made anything for myself.

For a long time, making stuff for me has been, um, well not enjoyable.

Clothes for larger figures suck.

I mean there's no nice way to put it. Lets get a potato sack, cut some holes in it and call it a plus-size fashion.

We have measurements....larger than some, but we are not a rectangle. I wish pattern companies would listen to me, or at least information in the pattern guide to alter the pattern to fit our measurements. Honestly, how many of us fit into 1 size? I span 3 different sizes right now, luckily, I can squeeze my bust measurement into the same size as my waist.

Which, coincidentally, is below 40 inches! 39 inches, baby! That, my dear friends, lands me into a size 24 in pattern sizes!

Ok, I'm going to share the shirt I made myself. My first new piece of clothing since I started losing weight.
Welcome to Simplicity 2447
On the face of it I made view A, but with the collar and sleeves of  D. Love that I can customize a pattern to fit my style. The addition of the belt helped - a lot. Its still a super comfy lounge shirt though. I had some madras plaid lying around, so I washed it up and then went to town on it.
 The yokes of the shirt are set on the bias. I didn't get a picture of the back, but that too has a yoke.

Well there's my new shirt. Here's a sneak peak of the dress I made Dana for Christmas. Unfortunately, she doesn't have the pants to the suit yet, because......I haven't mailed them, but Dae is coming to visit in a few weeks, so I'll probably just wait until she gets here. :)
I love her fierce pose! More on that suit tomorrow!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment