Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

2/22/2012

Fierceness!

For Christmas, I made Dana another suit. Its been a while since I made her one, so it was time to make another one.

I knew what style suit I wanted to make Dana, but I figured since she would be wearing it I'd let her weigh in. She  actually went with a pattern that was far more feminine than I had picked for her. They were both the same style, but her's was fiercer. That's a word, right? Oh well if its not - it should be. :)

The pattern that she picked is Vogue 8679

I love that she picked something so very outside of her comfort zone and something that would work with some fabric that I bought in January '11.

So without further ado - here's Dae rocking her suit (sans pants, because  I still have those)



I feel like the jacket got a little rumpled during shipping, but the great thing about this suit? 1) its couture, made to fit her and only her, 2) its washable, like tumble dry washable, 3) its wrinkle-free and 4) the pants are the same color red  as the tank Dana is wearing, which means 5) the jacket with the pants is definitely going to be statement making, and 6) I am loving the boots with the skirt!

Dana will be getting more clothes, because 1) I am still not totally convinced about making clothes for me since I want to, you know, lose more weight, and 2) I'm not buying more fabric and 3) Dana and I have very similar complexions so anything I bought for me and have since changed my mind will look good on her, which means 4) I may be able to see the floor of my sewing room at some point this year. :)

Well there you go! There's my kid sister rocking the fierceness! You look great girly and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Maybe I'll even have a new dress for you. :)

Heather

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! After having been told I need to look more professional (and boring), this might just be the solutuon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great peplum! I'd love a sister like you (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. MJ: I got told the same thing at one point. It took some serious creativity, but I (with Heather and other's help) have been able to tweak my wardrobe to fit my style while still being professional. If I can do it, anyone can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya: Anyone would love a sister like me! :-p

    ReplyDelete