Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

2/03/2012

Routines

So this last month was a doozy for me. Between illnesses, surgeries, hospital stays and just life in general, my attendance at the gym dwindled.

Not because I didn't want to be there, but because I was needed elsewhere and really I am not going to turn my back on my family just because of something I may want. So the gym suffered.

I didn't. I didn't put back on any weight, and I may have finally given myself some real time to adjust  to all of the changes that have taken place so far, but now I'm trying to get back into my old routine - and it's hard.

I'm also having conflicting feelings. I fit into a size 18 dress yesterday!! 18! I couldn't believe it. When I got married almost 9 years ago - I wore a size 16. I'm one size away! I can't believe it, and I couldn't be more pleased with myself.

But....

There's always a but, isn't there? I know I can do more, and I'm a little frustrated that I'm not moving forward with more weight loss. I know I've stalled on the gym and my workouts are not as intense as they had been, but  at least I'm not gaining the weight back is what I'm trying to console myself with.

So starting next week, I've developed a new routine. This week, I'd like to get in one more 3 mile run, but starting Monday I think I'm going to go back to aqua fitness, Tuesday - Thursday will be cardio and weights. Friday will be for resting or maybe light cardio.

I want to lose another 70 pounds and stalling at after losing 30 is a nuisance.

Here's to more work and shedding those pounds!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it, Heather! You've done an amazing job so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been doing a great job! We all have set backs... Just keep signing up for those runs and keep moving!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete