Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

8/18/2010

Lost Treasure...

I feel so bad. I have had a piece of furniture in my house that I forgot to show off. I refinished it a few years ago. The very first piece that I ever finished with stain and  {spray} paint. This was originally my grandmother's, but then Dad adopted it, and now she's comfortably hiding DS games and accessories along with various Wii items.


I don't have any pictures of before, but the back shows off the original finish. You can see some of the over spray....oops. :)


I added legs to the table to make it a bit taller. The back legs are just parsons legs that I had to cut down, and the front are turned bun feet.

I got the glass handles from Target. I love me some Target.

The top is finished in Early American by Minwax, and then the whole thing is poly'ed. I put 6 coats of poly on the top, and yes, I know that is a bit excessive, but the boys have not been able to dent it.  :)


The paint is American Traditions Heirloom White. I haven't been able to find this color for a while, but Antique White by Valspar is nice and a close match. The darker finish on this piece hid all of the wonderful architectural elements of this piece. The lighter color really brings them out.





There is a lot of love on this piece. The poly is yellowing a bit, and there is grime in some of the corners that I can't get out, and I don't even want to begin to guess what it is, but the boys have not been able to chip it all (that's not saying the movers didn't). This has been a very versatile piece....its resided in our entry and the family room and the sun room. The white goes with anything!

Have a great day and enjoy!

Heather

Visit thecsiproject.com

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It's amazing what a little paint can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! I am visiting from Sassy Sites. Come on by and say HI! I love your blog! So many great ideas! I'm a new follower... :)

    http://sassysites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. it does look lovely! I love the curves and detail on it. And, I had no idea they called those bun feet! Good to know! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. The Porcelain from Valspar is an exact match to the Antique White. I had quite the adventure to finding that out.

    http://froufrugal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Remodolaholic party! Love the end table and the contrast between the stain and paint. I have been working on some furniture myself and just love doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Paint helps out so much! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

    ReplyDelete