Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

8/30/2010

Git-r-Done!

Its done and I couldn't be happier about it. The hubs would have been ever so much happier had I gotten it done months ago, but I couldn't decide on those doors. What, you may ask, am I talking about?

Why that blasted red cabinet!

Here she is now!


Here she was then.

Now.

Then.

Ugly and needing some love

Prettified and able to hold her head up high!

So I picked up this little beaut back in April or March and there she sat for a while. Then I pulled out the liquid sander and the vinegar, and boy did those two do a number to her finish.




So after hitting the poor thing with that 1-2 punch, I then started priming her. Red tinted primer is such a lovely shade!



Then  I hit her with a gazillion coats of red paint. Not quite that many, but I did not buy the paint with primer in it and I should have. This shade of red went on fuchsia but dried to this lovely deep red.


An then the poor thing sat. I moved her back into the dining room and filled her up with stuff. Harrison banged stuff all around. The paint took its licks. Chrome spray paint chipped off of some projects and stuck to it. Then I finally decided that I would just make do with the doors that had come with her. I had originally thought of cutting out those louvers but then H went to work and I didn't really want to show off the inside. Maybe one day. After getting everything back together, I decided that some black glaze would do the trick. So I mixed some up  and went to work. And here she is now!





So there she is. Finally done, and looking so fine. :) I'm happy that she's finally done. She's holding napkins and napkin rings, along with some other serving pieces that I don't want seen all the time.

I hope you guys enjoyed! Please remember that tomorrow is the last day to sign up for guest posting here next week. There are still spots open! So go ahead...email me..you know you want to :)

Have a great day and enjoy!
Heather

Linking up to:

8 comments:

  1. Love it!!!!
    Where did you get your hardware? I am having a god-awful time finding hardware that matches up with the cabinets I want to re-face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got those handles and pulls from Lowes. Most of the handles and what not I have are from there, but Target also has a semi-decent, if not small selection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HEART that red cabinet! So worth the wait!
    smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great!! I'm actually starting to dig red furniture and I've got two pieces in the living room that I'm thinking of painting them red. Found you through POPP.

    ~ The Speckled Dog

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it red!!! I'm putting it in the Spotlight at the PoPP tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks awesome! How did you do your face book "Like" widget after the post? I'm also "liking" it there:)

    :)Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! The louvered doors are darling, imo! I think leave them :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin' this! And I love the new handles, perfect!

    Katie P
    Food, Wine, & Mod Podge

    ReplyDelete