Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

8/25/2010

A Trunk-load of Fun

Before I get to the body of the post, I just want to remind you that I'm reaching out to you all for guest posters in two weeks. You can email me at haboyajian {at} gmail {dot} com or just leave a comment HERE and I'll get in touch with you!

Saturday was a very special day. Saturday was my godson's birthday. He's 3 and there has never been a bigger fan of the pachyderm. So in honor of his love for them, Dev and I conjured up three shirts for him.

Here's what we came up with!
We found these T's at Target, but they all had pockets. The pockets had to go. :) 

I found a pattern for a stuffed elephant and stitched around it and then added the ears. I hand painted on the details. I found the pattern here: Stuffed Elephant Pattern - its the 2nd link. 

I did a search for elephant silhouettes and found this one. I don't remember where I found it though :( The text is done in black velveteen paint and the elephant is supposed to be a pearl, but it's kind of glimmery :) 

 
This momma and baby elephant are found HERE! Dev picked out the colors and then we went to work. I traced around each elephant and then outlined them and he helped fill in the centers. The baby elephant is actually done in white velveteen paint, but the white is really thin and so it looks a bit gray, but it works perfectly with the platinum. 

It was a lot of fun to work with Dev on these projects. He's actually got really good color sense....its nice. :) I can have a more productive conversation with him about color than I can with his father. :) Probably doesn't help that Steve is color-blind :)

So anyways, Christopher loved his shirts, and hopefully I'll be able to snag some pics of him wearing them soon. :)

Have a great day and enjoy yourself!
Heather

Linking up to:


 

3 comments:

  1. those are awesome shirts!! I would rock those too! Thanks for the template tip yesterday, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How CUTE! I may have to try my hand at elephants! Thanks for the adorable idea!

    I hope you'll come participate in my link party today! It runs all week so come back and add more BOY projects! All About The Boy @ The Nifty Nest!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute, I know your godson will love them. My son's favorite movie when he was a preschooler was Dumbo (thanks for taking me down memory lane). And thanks for linking with FFT.

    ReplyDelete