Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

7/29/2010

Variegated Modge Podge

So everyone has seen the glass painted with colored modge podge, and I found the perfect vase at Target on clearance for $3.48.....perfect...if I screw it up. :) Luckily this technique is amazingly awesome and easy, and I finally got around to trying it, except I couldn't decide what color to paint my vase.

I kept flip-flopping between red, yellow and orange. Think. Think. Think. Eureka! I'll paint my vase with all three of those colors!


So I started off with my modge podge and 3 drops of yellow.

Then after a bit, I added a drop of red....then another drop of red, until I had to add more modge podge and then I added 3 drops of red and finished off my vase.




I love the effect. My father-in-law said the finished product looked like Carnival Glass, and I had my mother-in-law confirm that was a good thing because I'd never heard of carnival glass. She assured me that it was. :)


 What I was surprised most by this technique was how fast it dried. I mean like less than 30 minutes. I was also surprised that my variegated technique turned out well, because I do not fancy myself a very good painter....but when dealing with somewhat straight lines I think I do ok. :) 

There she is sitting pretty in her spot....I  think she adds a nice touch to the space. :) 


I hope you guys have a wonderful day and enjoy yourselves! Don't forget about the money I'm giving away....be sure to enter a comment in hopes of a chance for it! Free Money Here!
Heather

9 comments:

  1. Your vase turned out beautifully! Love how you blended the colors as you progressed down the vase.
    That is such a great technique that I wanted to try when I saw the blue lantern but I really like your 'carnival glass' look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic!
    It does remind me of carnival glass...that is a very good thing!!!
    Love this!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out great, Heather! I've been wanting to try the variegated color thing -- and yours turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I had not seen that technique before and I think it's awesome! I love the colors you used. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! When you're tired of the vase, it would go great in my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen anyone do this with mod podge!! That's such a neat effect. . . nice job! :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the effect of it! And the colors you chose!

    Thanks for linking up at Craftastical!

    ReplyDelete