Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

7/24/2010

Late Lemon Dip

Updated with pictures!

Kind of...

I have a confession. Unless something is written down in front of me, I will forget to do it. I live off of my planner at work and my calendar reminders here at home. Guess what weekly event is not written down? Yup, my weekly blog entry (and, if anyone reading follows my own blog, that hasn't been updated recently because I am stuck in a revamp). I have now set up a calendar reminder for myself, so please accept my sincerest apologies for forgetting this week. On to the show!


This past week, Mike and I were invited over to our friend Jeff's house for dinner because he just moved into a brand, new house. Very nice. Well, we were asked to bring dessert. Mike had some crazy idea that we would just pick something up from the store on the way. Right. This was the perfect opportunity to break out a new recipe I'd been wanting to try.

Lemon Fruit Dip

1 cup cold milk
1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding mix
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
Assorted fresh fruit

In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk in sour cream. Chill until serving. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.

Super easy and super yummy! This dip is as refreshing as a cool glass of lemonade, which is great because we were grilling out on this particular night. Easy as it is, though, I still managed to mess it up...just a little. Remember that thing where I don't always read/check the directions as well as I should? Yeah, that happened again here. I added two cups of milk instead of one, even after Mike asked me if I was sure that was right. "Of course it's right; I checked!" I insisted rather indignantly. Two minutes later, "Oops." Well, it didn't hurt anything, thankfully, and the recipe still turned out so well that Jeff wanted to keep the leftovers for later. This is a perfect summer treat and takes all of five minutes to make. Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks super yummy, Dae! I may have to make this for our movie night tonight. Part of a finger food bonanza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE finger food bonanzas!!!

    ReplyDelete