Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

7/26/2010

Rewind to 1980!

Last week Stephen set a brutal pace for getting the basement done and in shape for this past weekend, even though I've been after him for months to help me get the basement organized and straightened up for the parties that end up down there. This last weekend was special however, because this week Steve will be celebrating his 30th birthday. Hence the mad dash to get the basement party worthy.

Now the basement if far from finished but when you see the basement before and afters and then pics of the party then you'll understand why its such a huge improvement.

I'm going to do several posts about the basement transformation because  there were just so many projects that I can't lump them all into one.


So here are the before pics of the basement. Yes, we did just  throw stuff down there when we moved, and it has been very messy in the past. Out of sight, out of mind type deal. :)
This is the very first piece of real furniture that Stephen and I ever bought together, and I have grown to hate it. The red suede does not match hardly anything, and I've been eying up new sectionals. :) 
Hmmm, random furniture that we have no idea where to put. Oh and the carpet padding for the exercise room....well that's gone :) 

That patio table did not function well as a bar. Just sayin'.
Here's what the space looks like now! What a vast improvement! We still hate the patio set, but its a useful, albeit ugly addition to the function of the room. :)
Not all of of the DVDs have been moved into their new home. These were just the ones that were still packed up.  Oh yea and its unfinished.....we're going to paint it, but we definitely decided on a paint color today. :) 
A close-up of the bridging shelf. I only bought one of these things this weekend. All the rest we had. Look there were the Dollar Store Hurricanes filled with Cigar Band Spheres I made a while ago! 

Our first tiling job. I think we did a pretty good job. 
What the bar looks like the day after. yea...we still need to do some cleaning :) 
There are my Quite Red windows! Tomorrow's post is about them!
The basement bath, which I will only be showing this for now, because I made that picture up top....Look for a post later on it. :) 
So apparently, I did not take very many pictures of the rest of the basement and I'm already sitting, so you'll have to make do with these party pictures. :) It was an 80's theme.
Here's the invite:
I found a cool tutorial on how to create an 80's effect here.
 Here are two views of the basement, both are from the red couch. :) 

Ok really, I'm showing the pic on the left because its amazing. :) Guess which one is my hubs? Yea, definitely Slash. My dad and Sarah playing a game on the newly acquired Air Hockey table. That wall needs love. True fact.

 My Mom and Dad wearing AUTHENTIC 80's gear. Jess and I working the bad 80's fashion. :) I am in love with Jess' hair. All I did with mine was wash it and put on the most minimal amount of mouse so I could go out into public. Then I went outside into 800000% humidity. Instant Frizz. Oh and my coffee. must.have.coffee.

A view of the bar in use! I would have to say it was a success! Loving all of the bangles and gloves in attendance! 

Whoever decided fashion in the 80's might have been drunk or high or both and then some. Steve and I.....I'm trying to hide the coffee cup. :) 


Steve's mom rockin' the big hair! 

LoV.iNg the footwear!
 So that was our week and how we spent Saturday night and part of Sunday morning. It was a blast, but thank goodness the week is over, because I could use some time to catch up on some sleep! Like I said earlier though, its not done, but boy has the space come a long way!

Have a wonderful day and enjoy!

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Your basement looks great! Love the bar top tiles!!
    happy birthday to hubby! Looks like fun was had by all! who doesn't love the 80's?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the 80s! looks like you had a little bit of fun!

    ReplyDelete