Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

7/16/2010

Is your Fondue cool?

Photobucket

We're back in action, baby! Yes, folks, that's right. I'm back home in Nashville after my vacation to visit the family and I feel refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to hit the kitchen again. For this post, I want to share a recipe I tried for the first time while I was chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool...you get the jist...at home.


So the plan was to have a girl's night with chocolate fondue, so I used the BigOven app on my iPhone to find one. Lo and behold, I find a recipe for a cool fondue. Now, I know I live in Tennessee, but I think my beloved Virginia is possibly even more miserable in the summer than it's more Southern neighbor. Why? Humidity! Walking outside in Virginia in the summer is like walking face-first into a damp, hot towel. Ugh! It sucks the life out of you instantly. Needless to say, the idea of a cool fondue was highly attractive to me. Here's the recipe...

Cool Creamy Chocolate Fondue
-3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
-1 8oz container Cool Whip thawed
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-Assorted fresh fruit dippers

Place chocolate chips and half of Cool Whip in a small, microwave safe bowl. Microwave uncovered on high for a total of 1 minute, checking and stirring every 20 seconds. Fold in remaining Cool Whip, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir until smooth. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.

To serve, spoon fondue into small bowls and serve with fruit dippers.

Here's the almost-stirred fondue. I was tempted to leave it like this because of how cool it looked. By the way, we never did get to have this for a girl's night. We couldn't get everyone together, so I ended up making this for my birthday dinner instead. This is an awesome recipe because you get chocolatey goodness without having to keep it warm. Cool and delicious! Hope you enjoy!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment