Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

7/14/2010

Prepping for Paint

So I know I've mentioned that this week is the week for paint, and I had originally intended on showing you guys my new painted barstools, but at the last second I decided not to paint the barstools and I will instead be staining them. So needless to say.....They're not done yet. :) So I have instead decided to show you gals what I plan on doing this weekend.

Bet is taking the boys for us this weekend, starting Friday, and while the guys are away Stephen will be cleaning up the basement in preparation for his 30th birthday, and I will be painting two of the bathrooms upstairs.

I never really finished Harrison's bathroom before he was born. I didn't know what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to do a beach theme, but didn't know exactly what direction to go from there. I ended up deciding to go with a Caribbean cabana type feel. Lots of bright happy colors set against a cool neutral backdrop. So I've been slowly collecting things for this transformation.

About a month ago, Dev tells me that he wants a Buzz and Woody themed bathroom. Ok I can do that, but instead of Buzz and Woody (don't worry...they'll still be included) I am taking a vintage cowboy take on his bathroom. We will have pictures of Buzz and Woody, but the decor will be decidedly non-Pixar. :)


So here's what I'm working with.
 Dev's bathroom has had a frog theme since he was born, and yes it moved with us. He had been quite attached to it. I guess all the advertising for Toy Story 3 has paid off.

 Just another shot of his bathroom.

 Here are Harrison's towels. I have stuff to appliqué flip flops on them. I'm going to try out an idea to make the flip-flops boy-ish. 
 Here's an old window that I turned into art for his bathroom. This actually got done before he was born.

 Some art I found while thrifting. I have a small shelf for this wall that I was thinking I could rest this art on. Our house did not come with one medicine cabinet....it's kind of a pain. 

 Here is his bathroom from the common area. The shower curtain is actually two curtains. I have plans for these and Dev's shower curtain. :) 

Here's what I've collected so far:
 Here are the rugs, shower curtain, and a barbed wire boot for Dev's bathroom. I think I'm going to add some  red stripes to the shower curtain to make it a little more colorful, but I might not...I'll have to see how it looks in the bathroom. 

 A horse figurine. I think I need to get Dev a shelf for his bathroom as well. 

 Here's the whole pile for Dev. I still need to get some things, but at least I have a direction. :) The paint color reminds me of an old blue-gray worn flannel shirt. Should be a good backdrop for the colors. I found it for $2.50 in the oops paint. I love that Lowe's has the oops paint for half off on weekends. :) 

 Here's is Harrison's pile. The paint is also an oops, and its a pale aqua color. I think I've got a pretty good handle on the cabana theme.

Please ignore the dog hair on the paint can! The sun is a bit too bright to see it, but at least you can see the little sea turtle figurine. :) 

So what is on y'all's agendas this week/end? :)  Have a wonderful day!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the AFTER! You've collected lots of great items!
    smiles!

    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete