Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/02/2010

An Unexpected Fun Day

So I wasn't planning on posting again until tomorrow after I got the suit jacket done to my outfit, but my mom was sick today so when she called me I did what any concerned daughter would do.....I asked her if she wanted to go run my errands with me :)

After our obligatory stop by McD's for Dev, we headed onto A.C. Moore because I needed to get some greenery for my March flower arrangement. Instead, I got several bushes of yellow forsythia (at half off!), 4 frames (to complete my collage for the sewing room, see yesterday's post) and other assorted stuff that I need or think I will need for any project I think of in the future. :)

Then after feeding H (he was quite grumpy that it'd been 4 hours and no nap from his last feeding) we were on our way to one of my favorite hunting spots, the Salvation Army store. Manassas has a huge Salvation Army store and the inventory rotates very quickly. I try to go every week, but its more like every 2.

We started wandering around the store with only the stroller to hold stuff, but it was quickly very evident that a cart was going to be needed. So after fetching a cart, the hunt was on!

We must've spent at least an hour looking, digging and sorting. H got in a nap and Mom and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and then it was time to go home and take stock of  all our new finds.

Once we got home I set all my beauties on the table to show off to ya'll and then I got to work on finding homes for all of them. They are all their homes now (well mostly...there is one still on the stairs, but only because I haven't gone upstairs yet).  I've taken some picture, but I'm not going to reveal much because I plan on expanding on some of the pics  with future projects. :)

Oh and how much did I spend on all this? $50!! I can't do much better than that.


Stephen, hubby, wanted to steal the red fleur de lis for the basement. I had to tell him to find his own. Those two pieces only came to $8!

side note: this is my grandmother's sister, June Marie, not just some random old picture. I've had this picture printed for a while and was just waiting for the perfect frame for her. :)

I also had another suprise (sort of) when I got home. the carpet had been installed in the exercise room (which I knew was happening) and my dear sweet husband was putting some of the finishing touches on the room (this was the suprise)! I think it looks awesome...obviously we still need to install baseboard and the doors, but that's small when you think of what this room look liked last summer. :) Oh and yay that the elliptical is out of the main basement area!


One side note though....when we painted the stripes we used regular blue tape....and we got this:


It's kind of splotchy and some parts have really bled, but over the weekend we spoke with a painting company at the Dulles Home & Garden Show and asked what tape they use and they said Frog Tape. So we stopped by Lowe's and picked some up and this is the result of the frog tape:


We will be using frog tape from now on. :)


linkimg up to:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Renee,

    I am a representative at 3M ScotchBlue and I’m sorry to hear that you had difficulties with blue painter’s tape. Can you tell me if the blue tape you used previously was the 3M ScotchBlue brand? If so, we are interested in learning more about your feedback as we are always looking to improve our consumers’ experience. We appreciate hearing from you and would be happy to give you a call regarding your concerns if you want to provide use with a telephone number where you can be reached. Or feel free to give my team of customer service representatives a call. We are at 800-537-951 and available M-F, 6:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. CST.

    Best,
    Chrissie on behalf of ScotchBlue

    ReplyDelete