Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/26/2010

Some new finds and an epic fail...

So I had planned a great post about how my sister, Dana, and I made some decorative balls to fill a great thrift find this week, annnnnnnnnd it was an epic fail. I wanted to wrap 3" styrafoam balls with vintage graphics (think paper mache') and it did not work....at all. The only thing we managed to do was make a mess with glue. *le sigh* Oh well. My sister, the ever persevering, optimistic or just plain stubborn girl, is determined that this will work. I'm think we might have to go to plan b which involves coffee beans :) We'll just have to see, because tissue paper might be easier. Tomorrow is another day.

So I will now share with ya'll what I found in my grandfather's shed! These wonderful windows will be a perfect addition to my basement. I can't wait to get them to my house! They are leaded glass windows from my great-great grandmother's home at Burnley Farm, the original house that is. It will be so wonderful to have a piece of my maternal great-grandfather's home with us. My kids will never know their great-great grandparents, but I remember them, so I hope to tell Dev and H about them through family memories.


Can you see the chair hidden in that pile? Well, I am going to be taking this poor chair and giving it a facelift and a new home. It will look lovely in my living room! So Mom and I have some upholstery to do this spring. Time for new fabric....oh how I hate to shop for fabric. ;-) I'm loving the leg detail.



Here is my dear, sweet grandfather holding Harrison during our visit today. He's just a big softie :)

Sorry for the picture quality on the last pictures, but they were taken with my phone.

Have a great Friday and enjoy the weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. found you on new friend friday at the girl creative.

    did you try using mod podge for the decorative balls? i am a fan of it and usually use it on magazines, but it works on many different types of materials.

    and awesome finds! i love going through old sheds and barns and finding some dusty, but cool vintage furniture! :)

    feel free to stop by my blog! breathingtornado.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hopped over from New Friend Friday and I am so happy that I did! Sympathies on your wayward project! I t happens to all of us. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for the sympathy but I got one ball wrapped in jute now, and the rest...well I need some more jute and I think I'm going to raid my mother's button chest :) I'll have to bug her to bring it to me tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete