Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/01/2010

Arts and Crafts

Well, I'm still working on my suit for the baptism, but I had some time today when I couldn't work on it (in other words, H was awake and not himself...he's teething. Cut his first tooth on Saturday) and while I had a few minutes I decided to do a quick art project.

I found this blog the other day that I absolutely love. It's called The Graphics Fairy, and she has a lot of wonderful images, and I thought maybe I could incorporate something like this into my room. So I searched  her site and found some vintage scissor graphics. I decided that they would make a nice artsy addition to my bare room. They'll also work for when I revamp my room (hopefully sooner than later)!

I figured that I would do two groupings and have them framed. Then I thought I would do three and one, then I finally decided on having all four images on one canvas. I decided all this while wandering around Michael's at 8:50 pm. Good thing it was a quick decision because I was out of the store by 8:57  :) I bought a package of three 11x14 canvases from Michael's and they were like $5 for the three.
Score....now to figure out what to do with the other 2. :)
I printed off the images and made them 7" long. I seperated each image and then went back and cut closer to the image with  my craft knife.

Then I eyeballed their placement on the canvas. Modge Podge was next. I've never used modge podge. Heard a lot about it, but have never had the need to use it, but it was easy. After I brushed some on the backs of the paper I just laid them down where I wanted them....then I brushed more over the fronts. then I realized I did not put enough on the back of the paper so I very carefully lifted up the areas that needed more and dabbed my brush in there. I then went back over the top of the image, smoothing out the glue
 .
  
This is the finished product and I think I need a frame for it, but I have an idea that I hope pans out. I will need three frames...I think...at least three. :) But that is for another day, and hopefully I'll have decided if I like the scissors horizontal or vertical by then.  



Hope you enjoyed your arts and crafts time today :) Oh and I'm going to link this back to The Graphics Fairy for Brag Monday. :)

6 comments:

  1. the scissors look fab, cannot wait to see the finished product, Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project you did! Mod Podge and I are good friends these days! ~Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty... or should I say "sew" pretty!! haha Gotta love that Mod Podge, such good stuff. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely project today for "Brag Monday"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vertical, definitely!!! Looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Modge Podge is great stuff. I use it for my custom My Little Ponies...when I work on them that is. Still working on that one for Colie. You will like it the more you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Nice and Easy--go vertical! A very sophisticated look!

    ReplyDelete