Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/10/2010

Baptism Suit - Part Two

Well the second half of the suit is done! Skirts are usually easy, but for some reason this skirt was easy until the zipper went in. I could not get it to lie flat at the bottom of the zipper. I had my Mom look at it when she was over the other day and she suggested taking out the stitching that ran across the bottom...so I did, and it didn't help. Then I decided to take the zipper completely out and put it back in....nope still a slight bubble. I checked to make sure the skirt was hanging correctly and when the zipper was not in it fell just fine....then the zipper went in, so I fixed it at as best I could and we'll just have to go with it.

Although, honestly, I'm thinking about scrapping the suit for the baptism and starting with something completely new. All it would have to do is match my shoes, but here are some pics of  the construction.

Can anyone see what I did wrong? I was treating the lining and the fabric as one, because this skirt is unlined.

Here's the twill tape at the waistband, one of the things that went right during construction :)

Please forgive the dust on the mirror, the cleaning lady has been busy. :) Not a bad looking skirt, and even with the zipper bubble on the left side, it's still a very nice skirt, but I'm a perfectionist and it's bugging the crap out of me.

Well tomorrow I will start on the belt, because I will finish what I started, but on Saturday I'm going to Hancock with coupons in tow and I may just come home with Plan D, but Plan C is looking good now too.

If any of you guys know why my zipper may be pulling this stunt I would love to know so that I will no how to fix it later.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment