Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/12/2010

Fun Photo Shoot!

I am not a photographer. Stephen had to find a camera that had blurry correction because I can't hold a camera still. Stephen has a gift....as does his brother and father, the latter of which owned his own photography business for many, many years. Yea...can't hold a candle, but that's ok because I have their resources at my disposal. My girlfriend is also quite gifted with the lens. She did our first family portraits after Harrison was born. I have many resources for photography.....so why didn't I call any of them when I decided/remembered that I wanted pictures of Harrison?

Simply, I'm impatient and I didn't think of it before now. We had professional pictures of Dev taken about a month before his baptism, but I didn't want to do that again, because well...it cost me $85 for 4 5x7's...I wish I could make that for 20 minutes worth of work. Yes, it was 20 minutes because we were fighting the 'ole hunger clock with Devlin, and most of our family remembers what a stickler Dev was for feeding time. Grumpy does not describe it.

So back on track, I decided at one o'clock today that  I wanted pics of Harrison and I wanted  them now. It wasn't nap time yet and he was in a good mood trying to eat his gym so I decided now would be the perfect time. I asked Dev if he wanted to have his picture taken as well, and suprisinglly, he did. So it was play time. :) Up to our bedroom!

I wanted to emmulate what the other photographer had done and after the first few snapshots I realized I really needed a backdrop to hide the door moulding to our bathroom. So I pulled out some ecru sheets and then fastened them up to my four poster bed to create a backdrop. I held the sheet up with hairclips...not bad for thinking on the fly, IMO. Then I went pack to taking shots. I ended up taking about 40 shots. Not to bad for about 15 minutes worth of telling Dev to calm down and stop jumping  up and down because even blurry correction won't correct that kind of blur :) Sorry, I didn't take pictures of my homemade set-up.

So below are some of the shots.


I then chose a couple of the pics for H's photos. I also included some of  Dev because I think I'd like to change that picture wall a bit. I didn't use Photoshop, mostly because it's on my desktop and I'm on my laptop. I just used Microsoft's photo editor. I may go back and change them, I may not. I'm happy with how they came out. :)




After I get some frames I'll have to post new pictures of the updated family wall. :) Once I decide where it's going.

I'm linking up to:
The Girl Creative

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. fun! i love photo shoots :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! :)

    Here to follow you from New Friend Friday! Would love to have you stop by my new blog, Lemonade Mommy!

    Kristy

    http://www.lemonademommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally thinking that we will be great "blogging" friends! I'm all about Crafty... may as well be my middle name. Glad you found me! Have a wonderful weekend! Looking forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete