Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/18/2010

Jute Candlesticks

So when have I ever had time to complete 2 projects in one day? NEVER!!! Except today...well kind of. I would have finished had I not run out of glue sticks! I thought I had another bag of glue sticks, but apparently I was already using my other bag. Sadness, but oh well, I will just pick up like 5 more bags of glue sticks and then finish the last candlestick tomorrow. I can show off what I did today with the other two.

I don't know when we acquired these candlesticks, but we've had them for a while. The last couple of months I've been staring at them because....well....they've grown ugly. They probably didn't actually grow ugly, they've probably always been ugly, but for some reason when we first got/received them I liked them.  I am happy to report; however, that I  like them again!

Let me backtrack a bit first. So while I was not liking them, I had a thought the other day that I'd really like to wrap something in jute and my original thought was to wrap a vase (which I may still do), but I did not have a vase on hand that would work with any of my other vases. So then I looked at the console and there they were. All three of  them just sitting there like they've been for the last few months, being ugly.  Off they go to my sewing room.

So I started off my adding a drop of hot glue to the bottom edge of my candlestick and then I pushed the end of my jute into the glue.

From there it was just a line of glue and then press the jute into it. I made sure to keep the jute tight against the previous row, and because I'm so anal I used tons of glue to keep the rows tight and secure to the candlestick.

  I continued wrapping until I reached the top.


I am loving how these look and they will more than likely go in our basement, which as I've mentioned before is in need of some love. :)  I can't wait to get the last one done.


Hope you enjoyed!!

I'm linking up to:
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

giveaways



9 comments:

  1. Those are amazing! Love it. I might have to visit my mom's attic and see if there's anything I can wrap in jute.
    I'm from New Friend Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape and the jute wrapped around it! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Love your blog! Following you over from Creative Girls New Friend Friday! I am a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have these same candle sticks! They look so much better with the jute. I'm visiting fron New Friend Friday.

    Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the comments! I'm so glad that ya'll found me. I meant to get the third one done today, but alas I'm still out of glue sticks. I will get to Michael's at some point, but probably not till Monday. I keep trying to think up other things I can wrap in jute and I think I came up with another idea for jute and magnets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Visiting you from New Friend Friday. What a clever craft. It looks like you have a lot of them!

    I'm looking forward to reading more...after I get my Saturday errands done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative idea! They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They turned out great.... I have been collecting bottles to wrape in jute. I just love the look and the texture.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete