Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/18/2010

Baptism Suit - Part Two - Take Two!

ITS DONE!!!!! Yay! So I finished up the jacket this morning and I am so pleased with how the two pieces turned out. I decided that I was not going to take any pictures of me trying it on. I still want/need to buy a belt for it (and any other accessories I may want/need) :) and I don't want to go showing off my handiwork unless its 100% complete. I am so happy its done though. Now I can move onto the projects that I've been chomping at the bit to get too!

But first.....Here are some shots of the jacket and dress!


You can see the two outfits hanging together. I'm upset that I can't wear the original plan, but maybe I'll get to eventually. I'm very excited about the new one though because I don't have any gray really and this is a nice departure from my usual colors :)



Here you can see some of the top-stitching I did on the jacket. I used a 3.5 stitch length and I think it really helps it pop. I used a 2.2 stitch length on the dress. I'm hoping to find a silver or pink belt for this outfit today when I go out to Target, but silver is probably more likely. The dress is a bit of a sack, but that's why belts were invented. I love the sleeve detail of the dress. Hopefullly this fabric is not to warm for this weekend, but either way I'll enjoy wearing it. :)

Check back tomorrow for a preview of projects to come and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful dress and for such a great occasion too. You did a wonderful job. Can't wait to see it with all it's pieces and you in it.
    Happy New Friday Friday and Friday Follow. I'm your newest follower, at the moment that is. Take care and have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete