Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/14/2012

Let the countdown begin!

I have gotten a workout in every day this week so far, and I'm really feeling good about it. I mean I feel the workouts too, which is not as good but hey it all works out in the end.

I've also been hovering around 260 for about the last week, so I'm going to go ahead and officially say that I'm down 35 pounds and 10 pounds from my first goal! YAY!!!

I cannot remember the last time I was 250 pounds. Hell I  can't remember the last time I was 260....it must've been when I was pregnant with Devlin or maybe that was 250 pounds. Who cares. I'm 10 pounds from being 250 again!

Oh and I've also dropped several bra sizes. No longer am I a 42F, but  I do believe I've meandered down to a 42DD. My 42DDD fit, but are a little large in the cup area.

Now since most believe that a DD is the same as an E and a DDD is  the same as a F, let  me tell you they're not.

Yes, measurement around wise they are technically the same, but they're not. The difference in those measurements is side boob. Yes, side boob makes a difference.

Before I didn't have side boob and I was happy because I still had full range of my arms and I never, NEVER, chaffed my upper arm on my boob. Then side boob appeared, and it made me sad.

I also believe that side boob makes your boobs in pictures look HUMONGOUS, like how in the hell are you still standing upright and not hunched over with a hunchback huge.

Now that I've lost my side boob and have made it back down to a DD, which by the way I have  not been since before Dev was born, in pictures I still have a lot of boob, but its all up front and not crowding my arms. Pictures look a little more balanced, I think.

Of course, this is coming from a slightly neurotic girl who's still self conscious about how tall she is. The only time my height really bothers me is in zumba. I usually try to stand next to a friend who is 5'10" or so. I will probably never get over my height issues, as they have been with me for a very long time. It's hard to be 5' 10" in the 4th grade. It's harder to be 6' 2" throughout your middle and high school years. No one is as  tall as you. There were maybe 2 of us that were that tall, but its not a big deal for guys to be bigger than their peers. It makes a big difference when you're a girl. Especially when said girl loves  shoes with a 3" heel.

Yes, I wear said shoes, and no I don't give a crap  how tall I am or that I tower over my hubs. Isn't that odd...I don't care when I go out how tall I am, but in zumba, with all those other ladies (and gents, sometimes!) I feel as if I'm a 4th grader again, whose trying to grow into herself and her height and god-willing not going to trip over anything, because its a long way down. Oh well. Its not a big enough issue that I stop going to class. The only thing I do is I don't look in the mirror at the front of the class. Ever. If I do - I look at everyone else. Never myself. No one wants to see the Jolly Green Giant (such a horrible nick name).

Oh well. Its my neurosis and I'll deal with it how I want. Oh and this is coming from a girl who's now 6' 3". Yay for the extra inch I gained after turning 30!

I think I'm going to have to take some new measurements on myself and share them here soon. I need new capris. None of my old ones fit, which is never a bad thing. :) It'll also help with the other goal I have, which I've talked extensively about on Straight Stitches - no more buying fabric. Use what I have. So I'm going to dig through my hoard and hopefully come up with 3 pairs of capris. :)

See you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment