Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/15/2012

Spring Time in the House!

Hey guys!

I've been busy around here lately, but have neglected to take pictures. I know.....I'm horrible.

Here's the dining room and message center in the house right now.

I moved stuff  around and I'm really loving all of it.

There's also some sneak peeks here and there too. :)

 So here's the message center - complete with awards and artwork and school announcements. I moved the tall branches that framed our front door in the foyer to over here to help connect the whole vignette. Its also safer  for  them here. Boys are destructive. :)

 So here's a look from the foyer into the dining room. You can see that I have fabric in the extra chairs. Its all the same fabric, but I only felt like folding 3 yards of the 15 yards  in there. Oh well. You can also see some paint chips on the wall. Yep, I want to paint the dining room again. This  room has been such a PITA to get right. I don't hate the way it looks right now, but I think the dining and living rooms need freshning, hence the new fabric. I have many, many plans for this room. You're going away in May, right honey? ;-)

 I  don't know if you guys remember this mirror from when I moved it out of the butler's pantry area (now the message center) and when I moved it out that area I propped it  up against the wall in the dining room and left  it there for about a month. H had great fun watching himself be a goofball in the mirror, and was quite displeased with me when I decided that I was going to prop it up against the wall on the buffet. I love how the mirror helps  open up that wall visually. I even like that it doesn't match the buffet.


Here's the table. I pulled out the denim runner that I made years ago and then topped it off with my pewter pitcher, dogwood branches and all of my glass and crystal candlesticks and hurricanes. I love how everything comes together. What I don't love  is that my candles don't seem to want to stay in said candlesticks. Oh well.


 Here are just some pretty shots of the table. I'm just playing with the camera. :)

And here are the color swatches. Which color do  you think I'm going to go with? I received my free Valspar paint sample today, and I can't wait to see how it looks on the wall!

See you guys later!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment